Producer Lazlo Legezer and Vocalist Frances Noon. They met on the set of what they describe as an 'extremely bad Film mid 2005'. Fair enough. Mustn't grumble. And like most folks who meet in this way, Lazlo and Frances starting belting out ever so slightly skewed, trip-hoppy tracks like 'Sick Couple' that come to the boil rather like a pan of milk with thousands of tiny bubbles exploding and letting off plumes of wholesome gasses over your Snap, Crackle and Pop. They're that quirky. They're that unique.
Okay, so they're not so unique. Portishead and Bjork were doing this years ago and folks like Psapp are doing it still - only they don't make quite such a surreal and enigmatic meal out of it all. But Jade Jagger thinks they're hot, and just to prove it the band's 'Sick Couple' single has already been snapped up by her ‘Jezebel’ brand's first mix CD.
Crud asked the 'fantastical creature with a strangely alluring voice' where her head was at. And she gave us these, fairly short, yet strangely alluring replies.
1. Where are you now? What can you see?
In the kitchen, watching Gabina eating oysters.
2. What was the last thing you ate?
Sesame spring roll and a tangerine.
3. What was the last album you bought?
Thom Yorke's 'Eraser'.
4. What was the last movie you saw?
Rushmore, Lady Vengeance.
5. What are you most looking forward to?
6. What do you hate right now?
Stepping on snails in the dark.
7. What was the last thing you saw that you liked on TV?
8. Where or how do you feel most comfortable?
Lying in the shallows with waves lapping at my toes.
9. What would you class as your most defining moment?
I can’t remember but it was really good.
10. What are your plans for tonight?
Wild sex, sleep.
Tour Dates/Release Details
‘Sick Couple’ Debut single released on the 30th October 2006
Gigs in November, Details TBA
Crud Magazine 2006©